Friday, May 6, 2011

Playing Catch-up

Well, the end of the semester is always a super busy time - even for the professor. I've been so wrapped up with work that I've had little time or energy to post anything lately. I have several posts started, but nothing finished...

So the big news about Liam is that he has started trying to copy images that he sees in books in his drawings. His likenesses are very good actually - he has an eye for detail. Today he drew me a picture of a transformer from a library book. Yesterday he drew a picture from the Runaway Bunny.

Grant has been changing in SO many ways. He is acting more like a toddler than a baby now. Which is fun, but also makes me a little sad that his babyhood went by so fast! He has started asserting his will and letting us know when he is not happy about something. He is also a bit devious and likes to get into things he knows he shouldn't. He started pulling himself up to standing on the furniture last weekend. This week he has made a few attempts at cruising with the furniture. In the last month he: started clapping, started signing for milk, giving kisses, and putting a ring on and off of the stacker toy. Today he helped Liam and I pick up blocks and put them in a basket - it was so cute! He also FINALLY called me "mama" today instead of calling me "dada".

OH, and I almost forgot to mention that Grant's third tooth finally poked through today and a fourth one is right behind it.

No comments: