Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mom's Dad's Mom

On Saturday we had another whirlwind of home improvement. This one was planned. We finally got the windows that we bought a couple months ago installed. While we weren't doing the work, per se, there was still a lot to be done (especially at clean up). Plus there were a few loose ends that we had to take care of from last weekends bathroom chaos. We managed to get everything squared away and around 4pm we took off for Indiana to visit with family.

We met up with Sean's folks and my sister for dinner. It was a really lovely evening. Then we spent the night at my mom's cottage. By morning the weather had turned cold and rainy, so we didn't get to paddle on the lake at all. Instead we went straight down to my grandparents house, where we also met up with my mom. While we were at my grandparents, my grandma let me look through some of the old family photos. I got to scan a few of my grandfather's family. The picture in this post is of my Great Grandmother and her first three kids. My grandfather is the littlest boy in the picture.

I really couldn't have asked for a better mother's day - spending it with my family. My mom gave me a lovely card (it's too bad the card I received last year from her and dad mysteriously disappeared). Sean and Liam gave me a gardening bag complete with all the tools I need to keep our yard looking beautiful.

No comments: