Thursday, September 6, 2007

Regrets

Sorry, no big posts lately. We've been very busy with renovating the new house and Liam has been at "school" (daycare) for the past couple days. It was hard going to work tonight and leaving Liam because he really wanted some affection and attention from me. On my short drive home from work I started reflecting on how fast summer went by. Them my thoughts went to the various activities and things that we had planned to do this summer and never did. It's amazing how just being a parent makes you come to regret all sorts of small things. I lived the first 28 years of my live relatively regret-free. But now, I regret that we never took Liam camping this summer, or to the beach, we never biked to the zoo or the market, and why didn't I make more playdates, my list could go on and on...I know it's silly, but it must be a natural part of parenthood.

On the other hand, we've done so much too! We went to a kite festival and saw Lake Michigan, we did go to the zoo many times and went to two other zoos as well, we went kayaking and took many, many walks, we went geocaching, and much more too...it's been a pretty adventurous summer after all. :)

No comments: