Saturday, February 17, 2007

A Pox Upon Us?


About a week and a half ago, Liam was unknowingly exposed to chicken pox during our Mom-Baby yoga class. A new mom brought in her daughter just as she was coming down with chicken pox and potentially infected the entire class. Since then, I've just been waiting and hoping that Liam wouldn't develop chicken pox. However...today he started getting very small spots on his face, neck, arms, and tummy. I'm not sure if they are the start of chicken pox or something else. Tomorrow shall tell.

Because Liam went to bed really early tonight, I found myself with an unusually long stretch of time to do something for me. So I decided to paint. Before Liam was born I used to do small watercolors on a regular basis. Tonight I got a chance to relax a little and paint a small watercolor of Liam sleeping. I'm sure this is the calm before the storm, so to speak, before Liam gets really ill with chicken pox. Oh well, I'll enjoy it while it lasts!

1 comment:

kaysurf said...

Beautiful! Glad you had the chance to paint.