Tuesday, November 20, 2007

It's been four months...

...since my dad passed away. I am still coming to terms with the loss of my father, especially as the holidays approach. I find myself constantly fighting the urge to buy him Christmas gifts whenever I happen to see something I know he would have liked.


To get my mind off of this sad anniversary, I took Liam to the Michigan Historical Museum in downtown Lansing. Admission is free and we only had to pay 75 cents for parking. I figured it would be a good place to take Liam because it's a large space for him to run around in and is fairly toddler-proof (except the Corvette exhibit, which he climbed into!). All of the middle and high school kids who were there with us thought Liam was very cute. Liam had a blast and no one cared how loud he got in his excitement.

When we came home, Liam was feeling a little under the weather, so I tried to get him to take a second nap. He fought it, but eventually settled down. I made us a mini Thanksgiving dinner - complete with roasted chicken, seasoned roasted red and sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce, and green beans. When Liam woke he enjoyed his dinner - especially the chicken, sweet potatoes, and cranberry sauce. After dinner I made chocolate chip cookies too. We went to bed with happy tummies tonight!

PS - I'll try to post more pictures from our trip to the museum later. Blogger is acting funny tonight.

No comments: