Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday

Well, as you can see, I'm a little behind on posting. We've just been super busy lately. Last Sunday we continued our weekly race to keep up with the falling leaves. Finally we are starting to rake leaves from our own trees, not just the neighbors. It took 10 bags to clean up all the maple leaves in the front yard! As always, Liam was my little helper. He gets all excited when I get out the rakes. The weather was chilly but not too bad, so I dressed Liam in a sweatshirt that was his daddy's. He looked very cute in it and Sean thought it was funny to see Liam wearing something that he had worn so many years ago.

We've started a tradition of making homemade soup and bread every Sunday. I am finally getting some use out of my crock pot. I guess it takes being a mom to really appreciate being able to throw the ingredients into the pot at 7am and let it simmer all day long. The only problem is that you are maddeningly hungry by dinner time because you've been smelling the wonderful soup and bread cooking all day! This weekend we enjoyed french onion soup and whole wheat bread. The week before was potato soup and sourdough bread. Yum!

No comments: