Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Some Thanksgiving weekend pictures

Today was the first time that I got to finally download some of the pictures we took over the Thanksgiving holiday weekend. The first batch are from Thanksgiving at my grandparents new house. We traditionally celebrate Thanksgiving at my Uncle Mike and Aunt Mara's house, with my aunts extended family too. This year we kept up the tradition with our two families, but moved it to my grandparents very spacious and lovely new home. One of the highlights of the house is the game room, complete with a pool table that my grandparents have had for many years. All of the kids (young and old) enjoyed playing with the pool table. Liam had the most fun climbing inside of furniture.

Unfortunately, we were not able to make it to the Evans family Thanksgiving this year. The dinners were planned at almost the same time in two different cities. And to make things more complicated, our car's "check engine" light came on as we were leaving my family. We are sorry that we missed it.















As I mentioned in a previous post, we spent a good part of the weekend feeling downright miserable with ear aches. But on Saturday we did go spend some more time with my grandparents. We tried to keep Liam busy with a little backpack filled with toys and books. Liam loves running around in their big house. It's mostly toddler safe (only because things are not yet unpacked), but leave it to Mr. Destruct-o to break one of my grandma's dishes. :( Oopps! Sorry!

We decided to go home on Saturday evening. This turned out to be a good idea, because it gave us the time to get out the Christmas tree on Sunday. After Liam went down for a nap, I busily trimmed the tree. Sean decided to finish installing our stereo system, so now we can listen to music again. I finished the transformation of the house into a Christmas wonderland this Tuesday. I'll post some more pictures once I get a chance to take some.


Of course Liam loves the tree and can't help but want to touch it. I'm glad we decided to put unbreakable ornaments on the tree this year. It turned out that I had enough cookie cutters and existing ornaments that I didn't need the pine cones that Liam and I collected after all. I decided to used them for other decorations elsewhere.

No comments: