Sunday, July 8, 2007

The children's zoo (7-6-07)

Friday we took a drive down to the Fort Wayne Children's Zoo. Auntie Rae met us a the zoo. My sister and I grew up going to this zoo and have a special fondness for it. The zoo was super busy and the weather was hot, but we still had a great time.

Liam really enjoyed all of the primates in the African and Indonesian exhibits. He also liked the bird aviary and the Great Barrier Reef tanks.




The highlight of our visit was the beautiful carousel ride. Liam and I rode on the Indian Rhino together. He loved the ride, music, and people!
I had been looking forward to taking Liam to the petting zoo, which my sister and I enjoyed so much as kids. But by the time we made it all the way through the zoo, we were super tired out. Instead we just walked through the barn-yard exhibit and Liam got to see the chickens, chicks, bunnies, piglets, horses, ponies, and goats. Maybe next time we'll start at the petting zoo!

No comments: