Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Christmas Projects

I know, I know...today is Halloween, so I shouldn't be writing about Christmas already. But I've been working on several hand-made Christmas gifts for Liam and I wanted to share some of the ones that I finished already. So far I'm very happy with the results.

The first gift is an activity book that teaches Liam about buttons, zippers, velcro and laces. I had a lot of fun making this out of scrap material. The only thing that I had to buy was a $2 zipper. I think it came out rather nice even though I only spent about 4 hours total working on it.

The other project that I'm still in the process of making is felt play food. So far I have a few things made including: one sunny-side-up egg; one pancake; a sandwich complete with tomato, lettuce, onion, and lunch meat; three carrots; an apple; and a cupcake with frosting. I made this food out of felted wool sweaters from the thrift store and inexpensive craft felt that I already had in my craft supplies.

No comments: