Monday, February 4, 2008

Bye-bye snow and Hello fish

Liam loves the snow so much that I decided to take him out sledding one last time before the snow melted. There was just enough new snow on the driveway for me to pull him around and have some fun. Of course when it was time to go in and get ready for Tot Time, he was very upset. Thankfully, he calmed down once he realized that we were going to walk through the snow to go play at the community center.

Liam was pretty tuckered out when we came home and he took a good nap. In the afternoon, Liam had his 18 month check up. While we were waiting, we looked through a magazine together. I was surprised when Liam pointed to a girl on the page and said "girl". He continued to point out all the girls as we flipped through the pages. The nurses told me that Liam is an astonishing 34 inches tall and weighs 26 pounds! That puts him in the 90th and 55th percentiles, respectively. He did great at the check up and didn't cry at all. I was told that he was doing great and very intelligent...just what every mom wants to hear!

On our way home, I stopped at the pet store to get Liam his first pet fish. We picked out a very nice little guppy to go in Liam's small fish tank in his room. (I'll add a picture later.) Liam was very excited about his new pet, exclaiming "oooh, FISH!"

No comments: