Thursday, February 28, 2008

Transitions

This week is all about transitions. The past couple days Liam has been transitioning to daycare. In the first photo he is all dressed and ready for his first day of "school". On Tuesday and Wednesday we spent the morning at daycare. I observed, but didn't get too involved and just let him play. He seems very at ease and comfortable there. This afforded me the opportunity to get to know his teachers better and talk to them about my parenting philosophy. The teachers seem pretty ok with cloth diapering and with our requests to feed him mainly food we provide. So that is a good start.

On Wednesday the Music Man came with lots of drums for the kiddos to play with. Liam enjoyed it, but I have noticed that he is not as likely to stay put for play, music, or stories as the other kiddos are. I suppose he will learn how to do this with time. I have to admit that I don't think it's very reasonable to assume that kids will sit still at this age, but I'm sure he will be socialized to conform. Even at lunch time, Liam is likely to get up from the table way before the other kids finish their meal. Liam doesn't eat as much and is always ready to go, go, go and get into the next fun thing. At home he is more likely to sit at the table because there are fewer distractions.


This morning Sean and I dropped him off for his first full day alone. I went to my orientation at work, which was shorter than I expected. So I dropped by daycare to see how he was doing. He was playing just great! Whew! Now I just have to cross my fingers that the nap time routine will go smoothly.

No comments: