Sunday, March 16, 2008

Maple Sunday

I'm not trying to be irreverent, but here in Michigan we celebrated Maple Sunday. That is, we went to visit the sugar bush at a local park and watch them making Maple syrup. The weather was chilly, but at least the sun was out. We took a nice stroll through the woods before heading home.

Meanwhile, the last little remnants of winter snow in our yard slowly melted away. While there is always a chance for another snow storm, I doubt we'll get any accumulation. Hopefully this is the last of the snow till next winter! One of the daffodils that Liam and I planted last fall was beginning to poke green shoots through the earth today. I am so happy that spring is only a few days away!

In the afternoon, Liam was pretty miserable. We couldn't tell what was hurting him - his ear or his teeth. It took several hours before we could get him down for a much needed nap. He is so exhausted from the restless nights and few naps that he has dark circles under his eyes. After his nap I gave him earache drops in his ears and put teething oil on his gums. He seemed a lot better after that. I indulged him and let him ear a bunny-shaped sugar cookie that I made during his nap. I also made some rice puddling from the leftover rice at dinner. Liam loved it a gobbled it down!

Liam was excited for his bath before bedtime. He ran into the bathroom and got his toy boat out of the cabinet. After his bath, he played on his piano while we tried to diaper him and dress him in his pajamas. We all need our sleep tonight!

No comments: