Monday, March 5, 2007

Mostly about Mommy

Ok, I apologize because this post is going to focus mostly on me. I've been dealing with a sinus/ear infection for over a week now. I was hoping that my body would fight it off on its own. However, the infection has been made worse by the fact that I'm still getting up 3 or more times a night with Liam. So today I was running a 100+ degree temp all day and feeling a little delirious. I called my doc and set up an appointment for 4pm. While I love my doctor, he was running about an hour behind schedule...so poor Liam was pretty tired while we waited and waited. Then I heard some bad news. My doctor was concerned that I have had nearly a dozen sinus infections in the past year...ever since I went off allergy meds during the pregnancy and now while breastfeeding. He strongly recommended going back on allergy medication or face possible surgery. Of course taking medication means that I will have to stop breastfeeding Liam. This upsets me because I am committed to breastfeeding for at least a year. We had a lot of breastfeeding problems when Liam was a newborn and went the extra mile of hiring a lactation consultant to work through it. So as you can imagine, I didn't take this news well. Now I need to do as much research (and pumping) as I can before I have to make a decision.

Now for some news about Liam...He was very good for me today, which was a blessing since I was so ill. I read to him in the morning and we did some light play between feedings and naps. This evening while he played, Sean and I noticed that he is no longer crawling with his belly on the ground. He can hold his tummy up and is using his knees more to support himself. Liam definitely moves quickly! He has been also trying to pull himself up to sitting and standing, but has not been successful...yet.

No comments: