Sunday, March 4, 2007

Playdate with Ashtyn


Today we had a visit from our friend Ashtyn and her mommy, Alissa. Ashtyn is about one month older than Liam. Alissa and I have been doing outings and playdates with the babies since Liam was just a month old. The last time we saw Ashtyn was at her 6 month birthday party.

Now the two of them are getting big. You can see them playing together in the picture above. In typical baby-style, they were taking toys away from each other. Ashtyn is such a cute little girl, with big hazel-brown eyes. She proudly said "Mama" while visiting us. Liam tried to suck on her toes (he does that with all the girls!).

In the evening, I decided to check out this online alphabet game for babies at fisher-price.com that Alissa told me about. She said that Ashtyn loved to push buttons on her keyboard to make it go to the next letter. So I tried it out on Liam since he has shown such an interest in my computer. Much to my surprise, he was a little unsettled and would look like he was about to cry every time a new letter came up on the screen. I'm not sure what scared him. Perhaps it was the noises that the animals made or the computer talking to him. I tried the game again a little later and this time he was still unsure, but we went through the entire alphabet. I think he will get into it more in the future...he does like to press buttons on the keyboard.

PS - Last night we tried out the fitted diaper that I bought on Friday. It worked pretty well for nighttime, but didn't hold as much as my homemade diaper inserts. I might have to reverse engineer it and make some fitted diapers of my own. I am getting tired of paying for the diaper service...

No comments: