Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Time for Trouble!


This morning, while I was getting out clothes for Liam, he figured out how to pull himself up in his crib. When I turned around I was surprised to see him kneeling and holding onto the side of the crib! Oh No! Time to lower the crib already! So I lowered the mattress another notch, only to find him doing the same thing again this evening (see photo). Doesn't he look proud of himself! I suppose this means we'll have to move the mattress all the way down...he's so tall that I'm not sure it will work once he starts walking.

Today I watched a colleague's 5-year old son, Gabe. Luckily the weather was super warm today, so we went to the zoo to pass the time. It gave me a taste of what it would be like to have another child. Gabe is a very well behaved little boy, so it was fairly easy...but still exhausting. It's definitely a challenge to juggle the needs of two children of such different ages. Both Gabe and Liam wanted my attention, but in different ways. Gabe wanted me to play and talk with him. Liam also wanted to play and roughhouse and needed to be fed too. Luck for me Gabe got to go home at 2:30 and then Liam and I could nap together for a bit.

Once Sean came home, we all walked down to the park for a picnic since the weather was so great. I even put a little pair of sandals on Liam...these were mine when I was a baby. I took Liam for a ride on the swing-set in my lap. He also got to experience the slide for the first time. I released him a few feet from the bottom of the slide and daddy caught him at the bottom. Too bad the great weather is not going to last!

No comments: