Friday, January 25, 2008

Do, do, do, dough...

Today was just about a perfect day. Liam woke happy and stayed that way all day long. He was all smiles and giggles. He played happily in the morning while I did some chores. He ate a big breakfast of cheerios, an apple, and half of my bagel. We played some music and colored. Then he had fun at playgroup (and no tantrums at leaving). Today they had a small slide, which he absolutely adored. He spent much of his time going down the slide, and also painted a little, played with play dough, and knocked over blocks.

Afterwards, we went to the farmers market for lentils and some fresh chicken. Liam loves it there because all the vendors shower him with attention and goodies. We ate a small lunch of dill-feta pies and an apricot tart, before heading home. Liam took an astonishing 3+ hour nap! I was so surprised...because he never naps that long. On the plus side, I accomplished quite a lot in those three hours, including: finishing the knitted ball I am making him for easter, washing two loads of laundry, unpackinand reorganizing about 10 boxes of stuff in the basement, and tidying up in the basement.

He woke up just before daddy came home. We decided to go out to dinner at Zeus' cafe. Liam and I split one of their huge dinners. He nearly finished an entire plate of mac and cheese all by himself and begged some lamb and fish off of daddy and I too. After a quick stop at the grocery, we came home.

I decided to finally make some play dough this evening. It was fairly quick and easy to do. And see that container of Morton salt...I bought that container when Sean and I got married almost eight years ago! I finally finished it off tonight making play dough. We certainly don't have a high sodium diet, huh?! I think the dough came out very pretty. I colored it with Koolaid, as suggested by the playgroup facilitator who gave me the recipe. It smells yummy like berries, oranges, and limes.

Because he napped so late, Liam stayed up a little later than usual. But he didn't get whinny like he often does in the evening. Instead he busied himself making a huge mess of all his wooden puzzles in the living room. He dumped them all in a heap on the floor, along with his wooden train track, and finished the pile off with a sprinkling of cereal that I gave him for a snack...sigh...but it was still a great day!

No comments: