Thursday, January 24, 2008

Peaceful Parents, Peaceful Kids

I had to mention that I am reading this really awesome book called "Peaceful Parents, Peaceful Kids: Practical Ways to Create a Calm Happy Home" by Naomi Drew. I checked out the book from the local Le Leche League meeting that Liam and I attended on Wednesday. So far I've only read Chapter 1, but it really resonates with me. I have been struggling lately - with all the misforntune in my family - so it is good to have a reminder of how to center myself as a parent. The basic concept of the book is that you have to resolve your stresses as a parent, before you can have a peaceful family life. The author advocates taking time for yourself and has several journaling activities to help you with this task, such as defining your highest priorties for your children.

No comments: