Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Worst New Years Eve Ever!

For the full effect, just imagine the title of this post read by the "comic book" guy on Simpson's. Things certainly got worse before they got better. In the wee hours of Sunday morning, Sean came down with the same flu that Liam had. At the same time, Liam continued having terrible diarrhea. Even though I was exhausted and feeling under the weather myself, I had copious amounts of laundry to wash from all the pooping and puking. We all survive Sunday...but it was a very long day.

Monday was spent pretty much laying about the house and running more loads of laundry. We got a bit of snow and Sean took Liam out to sled in it after he snowplowed the drive. That was pretty much the highlight of the day. By evening, I was feeling the effects of the flu. We all went to bed at 7pm. I had such a terrible fever that I couldn't stop shivering. I was woken from my delirium at midnight to the sounds of the neighbor's kids screaming and people setting off fireworks. 2007 sure went out the worse possible way. I suppose it is fitting, considering what a lousy year it's been.

No comments: