Saturday, June 23, 2007

A Day of Firsts!

Liam woke up this morning to find his grandma Kathie and Auntie Rae visiting. He was so excited to see them that he actually spit up milk (something he hasn't done in quite a while)! I was excited because Liam slept better last night then he has in several weeks (boy did I need that sleep!). We all treated ourselves to breakfast out and then spent the morning talking and playing with the baby. My mom and sister had to leave all too soon and we were sorry to see them go.

After his afternoon nap, I put Liam on the potty (knowing that he often goes after a nap). Sure enough, I caught his first full pee in the potty! Hurray! Much celebration ensued!

Later, Liam and I went to the bike shop to have them install the trailer hitch for his baby trailer on the used Schwinn we got for daddy on Thursday. In the parking lot across from the shop, an auto auction was going on. Liam was intrigued by the auctioneer's rapid speech.

This evening, after daddy was finished with his work, we took the trailer for it's first spin and Liam for his first bike ride. We rode to Cool Cone, our favorite local ice cream shop. I was a bad mommy and let Liam share my vanilla ice cream. Liam enjoyed the trip and loved being in the trailer. He wasn't too keen on the helmet, however.

No comments: