Tuesday, June 12, 2007

A Storybook Day

Even though Liam continues to be sleeping poorly, today was a great day. This morning he was all about his books. He kept bringing books to me to read. His favorite book is "Beetle Bug's Party", which has fiber optic fireworks to turn on at the end of book. He's just like his daddy, who's always attracted to pretty lights. It's unfortunate, however, that Liam's teething right now, because he's bitten a few chunks out of some of his books. I had to keep a close eye on him while he's flipping through his books.

I took Liam to Sara's for the rest of the morning and I got a lot done! Several of my mommy friends were planning on going to the splash park this afternoon, so I packed Liam's swim stuff before picking him up. We went to the park from Sara's and met up with Lindsey and Keisha and their little ones. I took Liam "walking" through the splash park a couple times. He got cold quickly, so we spent most of our time there watching the bigger kids play. We also went down to the beach for a short time to wade in the water. Liam loves to splash! We were getting a lot of sun, so we didn't stay at the beach too long. Instead we went home and took a much needed nap.

This evening Liam ate a bunch of ground turkey meat for dinner. It was the first time that he's shown and interest in meat. I read him more books and he rough house with both mommy and daddy. He continues to try to stand up without support.

No comments: