Monday, May 7, 2007

Spring Blooms

Last night was very trying for everyone. Liam woke up in the middle of the night and wouldn't go back to sleep for nearly five hours. Consequently, Sean and I got less than four hours of sleep. Ugh!...Not a good start to the week. I took this picture of Liam this morning and I think it pretty much sums up the sort of mischievous mood he was in.

I was so tired this morning that I almost canceled the playdate we had set with Eva and little Hannah, but I'm glad that I didn't. The playdate was just what both Liam and I needed. We went to MSU to stroll and enjoy the beautiful blooming trees that are so abundant on campus. We sat near the Beaumont Tower for a while and the little ones played and ate cheerios. We also visited several of the gardens on campus. The last picture is of Liam and I at the Beal Botanical Gardens.

This past week Liam has started doing a couple new things. First he has started parroting our sentences by babbling in the same rhythm or sound. He has also started handing things to us. Whether or not he intends to "share" is dubious, but he has gotten the knack of passing objects to another person. This has also led him to share food with us. He will often try to put his snacks or pacifier in Sean's mouth or my mouth. Last night he laughed at me when I refused to chew on his blanket when he offered it to me. Another thing he has done is discovered cabinet doors in the kitchen and bathroom. Now he tries to head for the bathroom whenever he can so that he can open and close the cabinet doors. Since we live in an apartment and can't childproof the cabinets, we've decided to keep the bathroom door closed to keep him out. For many months Liam has watched Sean and I feed the pet birds every day. This week he decided he could pull the food dishes out of the bird cage himself. Now I have to keep a close watch to make sure he doesn't pull the bird cage off the end table...I've been contemplating hanging the finches up along with the canary, who is already out of reach.


PS - I forgot to mention that on Sunday we went to a local arcade as a family. Sean and I managed to win a lot of tickets playing various games. We cashed them in for a monkey hand puppet for our little monkey.

No comments: